Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I feel fine thank you

I hate advertisers. Really, I'll just pull a conclusion out of my rear, butt (pun intended) I think modern advertising is responsible for about 3/4's of the psychological maladies and poor self-image of north americans.

On a less judgmental note though, if I were in the advertising industry, I'd have a daily ethical seizure trying to deal with it all. Some advertising I find simply despicable and unquestionably unethical. Others are not so easy to nail down... even in doing ads for church events that I've done in the past... anytime you attach a human face, it's very tempting to place the "pretty face" to the ad. How helpful is this? How hurtful?

I've seen a great many churches ads that made me feel squeamish... Anywho... just pondering

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I know you finished school last week. Guess you'll be heading to Alaska soon. Have a safe trip--and please--keep in touch!