Sunday, April 10, 2005

Joyous Blues Memphis...

Had quite the bluesy evening last friday. First off... it's been like a year and a half since I've had some good BBQ. And I'm telling ya, I love sushi and all, but a man needs BBQ. It's in the blood. At least in the southern man's blood. I may not have an accent, but I needs dat bah buh que... Enough slobbering, oddly enough, Vancouver happens to be the home of an incredible BBQ joint called Memphis Blues (review)... They even had honest to goodness sweet tea in the house.. well it tasted a little fruity, but it was almost as good as tea from back home. $40 buys you enough BBQ for 4 people and it's severe. So, go there... they have two locations. One at Granville and Broadway and I forget the other... Anywho...

The next part of the evening was a really awesome concert at Regent. Peter la Grand played a sort of mellow, bluesy, folky kinda music. It was really moving music and the musicians were very talented. I would say go check out www.peterlagrand.com, but they don't seem to have a website up on their domain yet. So, check it later :). Good times though. The band featured all Regent folks and my personal favorite song was Hell Hound... good tune. The CD I bought off them was good, but I prefer them in person.

No comments: