Friday, April 22, 2005

visitation

I just had the most wonderful time with the Lord and wanted to share. After I finished the last post, I just felt like playing my guitar. While I was playing, I just began to sing my prayer to God. I've sometimes tried this before, but always get so caught up in the fact that I don't like the way it sounds or something, but today... my heart was just desperate. I've been feeling like hard desert clay for a while and if any of you have talked to me lately, I'm just kind of yearning for God to be more real in my everyday life. Anyway, as I began to sing... it became almost prophetic. I don't mean telling the future, but what I was singing/praying was exactly what was in my heart and what I was playing went along with it... It was an honest to goodness, decent impromptu song to the Lord... Have you ever had a moment when you prayed and God answered you instantly? I cherish those moments... This was one of those moments, where I prayed this prayer and instantly I sensed that the Spirit's presence was manifested in the room and I stopped playing and simply began to weep.

That was just a special moment for me and I felt like it would be encouraging to some of you to read. Christ is real and present. It many times doesn't seem like it, but he is. I don't think I'll say anything more about that. I want to say that it should be like this or that, but I think that it's best left to mystery at this point.

No comments: